Tuesday, May 17, 2011

POEM OF THE DAY BY JOSHUA RIZER

you saboteurs


this is the poem

in which i finally convince you

that i am worthy.

i will drop a name here,

a reference that will convince you,

or convince you by the fact that you don’t get the reference.

someone older than you could possibly know.

someone newer than you would have bothered to introduce yourself to.

someone too obscure.

someone so obvious you never would have thought of them.

apparently a poem

can simply be made

by a list of giants,

or events,

or medical terminology.

it

will

be

my

spacing

that proves my disregard for form.

it will be my attention to every detail.

it will always be my service or my disregard

that makes me

what i am or what i am not

and never

simply saying what i mean.

what has happened to the

brick and mortar word?

granted it gets me here,

and enables to me to say this little thing

but no

one can contest what leaps and bounds

came by the discovery of fire

but there is still the little matter

of arson.


-Joshua Rizer

No comments:

Post a Comment